Full speed ahead: Georg Huber (top left) was elected to the GWP board for another term.
Term of office 2022 – 2026: new board unanimously elected
After the official welcome by GWP Board Chair Gunda Röstel and the activity report 2021, in which the management outlined the activities of the last as well as the current year and looked ahead to the rest of 2022, the election of the board was on the agenda. After a presentation of the candidates, the new executive board was unanimously elected for the term 2022 – 2026.
Georg Huber: “Worldwide networking and interdisciplinary cooperation of ever greater importance“
“I am delighted with the trust placed in me by German Water Partnership,“ said Georg Huber after being elected to the GWP board for another four years. “In view of increasing global crises – not only in the fields of environment, climate and water supply – worldwide networking and interdisciplinary cooperation are of ever greater importance. German Water Partnership has been an important network and an excellent platform for cooperation on a global level in the sector since its foundation in 2008. I am therefore not only personally proud to be a member of the GWP board for another four years, but also look forward to further cooperation with anticipation and responsibility.“
Following the election of the board and reports on GWP's public relations and member communications, the outgoing board members were bidden farewell. At the end of the general meeting, the ship went out at around 7.30 pm for a two-hour cruise. The new board thus set sail for another term of office, literally and figuratively.
The new GWP board
- The new board of German Water Partnership consists of the following members:
- Dr. Michael Beckereit (Deutsche Wasser International GmbH)
- Axel Böcker (Dorsch International Consultants GmbH)
- Dipl.-Ing. (FH) Michael Drechsler (UFT Umwelt- und Fluid-Technik GmbH)
- Eckard Eberle (elected in absentia, Siemens)
- Alexandra Ervenich (Mitsubishi Electric Europe BV)
- Prof. Dr.-Ing. Sven-Uwe Geißen (Technical University Berlin)
- Ingo Hannemann (Hamburg Wasser)
- Georg Huber (shareholder and CEO HUBER SE)
- Michael Kersting (Hermann Sewerin GmbH)
- Dr. Michael Kuhn (Kuhn GmbH)
- Dr.-Ing. Shahrooz Mohajeri (inter 3 Institute for Resource Management)
- Dipl.-Chem.-Ing. Anja Rach (Enexio Water Technologies)
- Gunda Röstel (Gelsenwasser AG und Stadtentwässerung Dresden GmbH, Chairwoman of the Board GWP)
- Dr.-Ing. Gerd Sagawe (Dr. Weber & Partner GmbH)
- Dr.-Ing. Ursula Schließmann (Fraunhofer Institute for Interfacial Engineering and Biotechnology IGB)
About German Water Partnership
German Water Partnership e.V. is a network in which more than 300 private and public companies from the water sector as well as trade associations and institutions from business, science and research have joined forces. Since its foundation in 2008, the initiative has been supported by the five Federal Ministries for the Environment, Research, Development, Economics and the Federal Foreign Office.